Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stellenbosch International Chamber Festival!!!!!

Wow...I have to say...these past 11 days have just been so amazing...I really wish more people were there to be part of this festival.The KZN Youth Orchestra were asked to perform for one of the lunch hour concerts so we participated in the entire festival :)

Every night was a classical concert. On Tuesday I thought the concert of the week was going to be Daniel Rowland playing the "Four Seasons" but then they played "Violoncelles, Vibrez!" with Thomas Carroll and Peter Martens soloing on cello and everyone agrees that the was the piece of the week. Everyone was on the edge of their seats and they recieved a FULL standing ovation!!!

Every morning we were up early for breakfast and then we had rehearsals for the concert orchestra and the symphony orchestra from 9h00 - 12h00. Then we would rehearse with our ensembles...wow...that was an experience. For my ensemble we played the first movement of Mozart's quartet in G major...luckily it wasn't the famous one...we were supposed to perform the full thing....but as per usual...I was the only one that actually worked on it and could play my part. But supposedly we were the best at that time slot so I'm happy and I made four new frieneds in the process.

I met some amazing people there and strengthened some friendships:) It was awesome:) Definately going back next year.

Much Love
Bugz

1 comment:

Charlene and Co said...

Sounds like you really enjoyed!! I must say, I have no FREAKIN clue who you are talking about when you name the names.....
Sommer feel uneducated!!!